All of a sudden my FAST search crawler is returning the following error on every item:
The server is unavailable and could not be accessed. The server is probably disconnected from the network
I already had DisableLoopbackCheck enabled so that wasn't it.
In any case, I removed the DisableLoopbackCheck and decided to try BackConnectionHostNames instead (ie: the safer method). This also didn't help
I tried adding in DisableStrictNameChecking. This also didn't help.
Hours of searching, I was about to give up, then I thought I'd check the hosts file. At that point, I remembered that I added an entry there when I had previously done some maintenance on that server. After I removed that errant entry, my crawler now works.